Monday, October 24, 2022

Harvard's 4:30 AM (Part i)

        If it wasn't for my family issue, I'd probably be sitting in a class at the University of Washington with three letters of recommendation and a scholarship. But I have never complained to my son and my wife. On the contrary, I read books to him every day now. I've been reading this book to my son. It's called <Harvard at 4:30 AM>. This book is very popular in Asia. As far as I know, there are Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and so on editions.
 
        At 4 o 'clock in the morning, the library of Harvard University was brightly lit and full of people... In the cafeteria at Harvard, it is hard to hear voices. After each student sits down with a pizza and coke, they often read or take notes while eating. It is rare to see a student who eats without reading, and it is rare to see a student who chats while eating. At Harvard, the dining room is nothing more than a library where you can eat, an alternative to Harvard's original 100 libraries.

        Harvard is undoubtedly a myth and a symbol of the spirit of learning. At Harvard, learning is a kind of faith. Harvard has produced 40 Nobel Prize winners, 8 American presidents, and countless business elites. In this point of diligence, Harvard is not a myth; Harvard is just proof of the will, spirit, ambition, and definitive. No matter how outstanding Harvard people are, they have laid a solid foundation for their life in diligence and busyness. This is the real reason why Harvard people have achieved so much success. Taste the success of Harvard's elite experience, feeling the life wisdom of first-class institutions. After reading this book, you'll always find a reason to be aggressive.

        I love reading, and even if I am busy every day, I will spare 15-20 minutes to read before going to bed! Because reading can let me take in new energy and better let me exchange ideas with others, which pleased the communication! God is fair to everyone, and everyone has 24 hours a day. In their spare time, some people choose to read, and some people choose to watch TV and play games. Do not blame others for being so excellent, which you think is because of their good luck or rich background. That's because others are doing things in places you can't see, silently working hard, down to earth. So, do not envy, do not complain, and steadfastly do everything.

To be continued...


17 comments:

  1. 4:30 AM? 15 to 20 min to read before going to bed? Sounds like a good habit :-)

    Interesting book, thank you for sharing it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray, I'm going to selfishly say that I'm glad you're not in Washington... because then we would've never met in IS-101 :)
    You truly are an inspiration. Your dedication to your studies is unparalleled with anyone I've met. To take on the MO-101 AND MO-201 with no study guide and finding how to study for the exams on your own, AND THEN passing both exams with flying colors, simply unheard of. You are an absolute rockstar!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your words of encouragement and appreciation. But you are the only person who impressed me during my study at CSN! Not only you do have a full-time job, but you also have children to support. You have abandoned all your extracurricular activities to focus on your studies. I would never have been able to balance life and study as well as you. I praise you not only because of your talent and wisdom but also because of your determination and perseverance! Thank God, let me get to know you in IS101 class such a good classmate, friend, and mother!

      Delete
  3. I prefer to listen to knowledge before I go to sleep because I need my room to be completely dark if I want to fall asleep fast. Your definitely up there with the high performers of the class with regards to the MO exams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin, thank you for your kind words! You are the second let me admire from the bottom of my heart! (Tiffany is the first one). I will read your blog carefully every week! Not just to finish the teacher's task, but I really like your photo-taking and writing style! I learn something new every time I read your blog! As for the MOS- test, you are the best person in my heart! Because you got a perfect score on Word!

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a great read. I need new books to read instead of falling asleep to the TV, like I've been doing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know the book comes in different language formats! I'm just now learning Korean for fun after listening to Korean music and watching K-dramas for years, but when it comes to reading... I'm at Kindergarten level. I can translate only few words, but I'm taking it slowly. I've started to get back into reading as well recently and I'm interested in checking the book out sometime soon to expand my genres!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are truly an inspiration. I believe you will succeed in anything you set your mind to do. Thank you for your words of encouragement prior to taking my MO-200. The book you mentioned sounds incredible. I looked for the book in English version but couldn't find it. I'm looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have written only truth. This is something I need to bookmark to further reflect on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To be honest I never knew what Harvard was until high school and Ivy league school. I never thought I would be here but I am. I would not change it for anything cause I got to meet all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harvard is exactly what you said. I can see you getting your Masters from that school. Your dedication is admirable. I hope you don't forget us when you achieve that goal? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The last sentence of this post resonates with me, because it has been my lifestyle for the longest time that I can remember. It took a while to unlearn society's view of envy. Complaining for any outcome of my own life and results will never get me the results I want out of my life. I try to learn and apply every piece of knowledge steadfastly within my own life to be able to get to the results I want from myself and life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of this book, but it is beautiful you share it with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book strikes me as more believable than a myth. Every word you used in this writing helped me to picture it. This book sounds like it would be intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really are right to say that we all have the same number of hours in a day, we alone are responsible for using them wisely.

    ReplyDelete