Monday, October 3, 2022

Why learn to use Office-Word well

  It's fair to say that we all spend a lot of time with Word. If you take the time to learn it and improve your Word skills appropriately, there is almost no limit to how much it will save you time and show you your strengths in the future. Although Word looks very simple, it is not easy to work with. Remember when you used Word? Did you encounter this problem?

Open the Word document to write, the software crashed, the results of writing for half an hour of content all disappeared, and people also followed the crash. When I write an article in Word, the content is written in half an hour, but the layout takes hours. The software seems very "disobedient," Trying to move tables, pictures, or adjust the spacing does not achieve its desired effect.

Using Word to typeset long articles or papers, various automatic catalogs, headers and footers, citation annotation, do not know how to do, to manually operate one by one, once modified, manually modify all one by one, wasting a lot of time. Watch someone else do it, and it's done in a couple of clicks. I use Word to do the resume, super garbage ugly, other people typeset to make like art and even can use Word to make a poster. 

After learning this class, Word is not difficult to use. In fact, wasting time and scratching your head for Word happens all the time, but we rarely thought about how to solve it in the past. Problems like those above can be avoided entirely with a short period of careful study.

17 comments:

  1. Interesting choice of topic, instead of a skill or feature of Microsoft Word, you chose 4.1 Why Learned to Use Office - Word well, I like strategic perspective :-)

    I think most people will agree with you that "Word is not difficult to use"!

    I especially like your final sentence "Problems like those above can be avoided entirely with a short period of careful study" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said. Word is now something I am not afraid to use. Before I would just create a paper on google or off a site and not worry about all the little boxes that I did not understand. Now! No problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word is easy to use. I've been using Word for many years, but Chapter 4 taught me a lot of features I wasn't familiar with which made me mad because had I known before, my assignments would have been completed so much faster. Now, I make sure to use the features to help my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you learn word it make sense. Your creativity will be endless. As I said before "I wish I had this class before other cause this class would of helped me out in other classes". When I did my PowerPoint this time around I spent no more than 45 mins. Before it took me a full two days. Its easy once you understand how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rui, you are correct. Word is not difficult to use, and this class has showed me many tips and tricks to make Word easier to use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. If you spend a little time careful studying, you can avoid a lot of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have all been methodically trained to learn in reverse. I mention this because, from experience, I have learned what we basically do in our day to day lives, i.e. texting messages, creating documents and other basic functions within a desktop and a cell phone. Generally everyone right now is accustomed to short cuts and faster ways to create things without ever learning the roots of what we are using. What I mean is that, when going through the lessons of MO-100, most of the basic functions are similar to daily usage and yet at the same time its not. Example, creating a text message and or email message, in our daily lives, we usually never use the functions of what I learned in MO-100. Though I do understand that the content we consume as humans, the content is created from the basic functions of MO-100. In the end, do we as humans really apply practical theory outside of school? Honestly, in my experience, I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Word is one of those programs that everyone thinks they can use. Which I am sure they can but before this class. I was not able to use it to it's full potential. I am very grateful to have become certified. I feel a sense of accomplishment. Excel, here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new stuff that I learned with Word so far has helped me in my other courses. for example we got assigned a group project in my English 102 course and I took the lead by creating a sharable document that everyone in the group can edit in real time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said Rui, Just last Wednesday Word decided it was going to play tricks with me whilst I was with my tutor for the subject of practical life skills, topic - study; I was able to fix the problem and made my tutor go, "how did you do that?"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes Ray, I also learned that Word is not difficult to use. I have actually learned some useful tips from the Word chapter that I have implemented daily at work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Short periods of careful study are exactly what got me interested in navigating Word! As I familiarized myself with all the different features, I found the learning material fun. It may be time consuming but it's very useful in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Before college, I never used Word. I always used the Google Docs app to write papers and essays. Because of this class, I am now more familiar with Word than I was with Google Docs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have used Word since elementary school, because I had to learn to help my grandparents with digitizing all of their old documents.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a much bigger fan of Word now then I was before this class, I wish I had known these things my first semester of college!

    ReplyDelete
  16. To become accustomed to Word, I believe it just requires time and practice. Like you said, it takes skill to complete a document in 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Word has opened my eyes to the extensive ability of Microsoft.

    ReplyDelete